Ms. Melissa Cordell, Supervisor423firstname.lastname@example.orgAttendance is a key factor in student achievement and therefore, students are expected to be present each day school is in session.Student attendance records shall be given the same level of confidentiality as other student records. Only authorized school officials with legitimate educational purposes may have access to student information without the consent of the student or parent/guardianAbsences shall be classified as either excused or unexcused as determined by the principal/designee. Excused absences shall include:1. Personal illness;2. Illness of immediate family member;3. Death in the family;4. Extreme weather conditions;5. Religious observances;6. College visits;7. Pregnancy;8. School sponsored or school endorsed activities9. Summons, subpoena, or court order;10. Circumstances which in the judgment of the principal create emergencies over which the student has no control.Attendance Policy Revisions (SCHS ONLY)
1. Students will be allowed to have only 5 unexcused absences. Students may miss 3 additional days, but those days must be made up in Time- for-Time. On the 9th day, a student will receive no credit (NC) for the class, and will have to repeat or use Credit Recovery.
2. In a semester class, a student may have 5 unexcused days plus the three which can be made up. In a Quarter class a student may have 3 unexcused days plus 1 which can be made up.
3. Any student who receives 15 unexcused absences, or 10 consecutive unexcused absences, will lose his or her driver’s license. (State law)
4. Any student who has 9 unexcused absences will lose his or her parking space, and no refund will be given.
5. For the purpose of receiving credit in each individual class, three tardies will equal one absence. Records for these tardies will be kept by the teacher, and most will not appear in Skyward. These absences from tardies will count as unexcused absence and must be made up. In other words, the Skyward attendance totals will not necessarily match the official attendance. The teacher’s attendance book is the official record of attendance.
6. Doctors’ excuses are subject to verification.