Welcome to Guidance!
Welcome Everyone! My name is Bridgett Blevins and I am proud to be the school counselor here at Griffith Elementary School. As you may know, counseling sessions are provided at GES much like our school nursing program, which is free to all students. GES provided individual counseling as well as small group counseling. Classes are provided in classrooms by teacher request on subjects such as "character education", career development, study skills, social skills and more! If you want your child to be included in counseling on a regular basis, please contact me at (423) 949-2105 or by email at email@example.com. If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to call or write.
What does an elementary school counselors do?
What does an elementary school counselor do?
- provides individual counseling for students
- provides small group counselting for students
- consults with teachers and parents
- assist with crisis intervention
- 504 coordinator
- testing coordinator
- register new students
What might a student talk about with an elementary school counselor?
- a fear or worry
- feelings about him/herself
- difficulty getting along with others
- a school program
- a home program
What might a student do in the an elementary school counselor office?
- talk about things that are important to the student
- learning to understand and identify feelings through games or art
- learning coping and problem solving skills
- work on a plan to reach a goal
- read stories